Friday, December 27, 2013

Countries that I've visited

Click on the map above to see a more readable version.
I've been to 41 different countries.

Some of the countries no longer exist or are questionable as a country: Yugoslavia is gone, Hong Kong has reverted back as a possession of China, and China still claims Taiwan as their island.

My goal in 2015 is to visit some countries that I've never been to before. As a starter I'm thinking Hungary since I'm 50% Hungarian and my father was a first generation American.

North Korea is a country that I've visited, technically. I crossed into North Korea when we visited the DMZ and we walked around the negotiation table.


Four of the countries that I've visited are very small:  Andorra, Monaco, Vatican City, and Luxembourg.

Many of the countries I visited happened when my father was in the Air Force.  We lived in Japan (1956-1960) and Spain (1969-1972).

Other country visits happened when I worked for Nike. I lived in Taiwan (1978-1980) and Korea twice (1981-1983, 1986-1987).


No comments: