Tuesday, September 12, 2017

My Hungarian roots

Armed with the limited information that my mother gave me, Mary and I went on a day trip to Boldva, Hungary to see what I could find about my roots.  I was surprised with what I could find.

Gravestone of my great grandmother and great grandfather.

A driver picked us up at our hotel in Budapest and we drove to Boldva.  It is a quaint Hungarian village which we drove through in a matter of minutes.  We turned around to head back into "town" when I saw a cemetery.  I asked to stop and Mary and I went looking for the surnames of Veres and Egyed.  I found the gravestone of my great grandfather and great grandmother.

The cemetery I saw when driving back into town.

The grave of my grandmothers sister Teresa.


Our driver (right) found a man who could help us.  He called his mom.

This lead us to meet the patriarch of the village.

No comments: